South Lake Tahoe HVAC Services
Heater & AC Services for Homes & Businesses
The HVAC company you choose has a significant impact on the success of your project and the comfort of your environment. Sierra Air Inc. has more than three decades of experience providing residential and commercial HVAC services in South Lake Tahoe, Reno, and surrounding areas. Our heating and air conditioning services cover every need at competitive prices.
Give us a call today at (775) 800-5500 for reliable HVAC service at your home or business.
Residential & Commercial HVAC Installation
When you need a new HVAC system for your home or business, we are happy to provide the best quality equipment for your property. Sierra Air Inc. is a Carrier Factory Authorized Dealer and six-time winner of the company’s President’s Award. We have chosen Carrier because they offer top-of-the-line products that are efficient and affordable.
When it is time for new equipment, we can help you consider:
- Fuel type
- Energy efficiency
- Operating costs
- Product features
We can help you choose the right products for your existing home or commercial property and provide complete design and installation services for new construction projects. Our NATE-certified technicians have extensive training and have passed all necessary requirements to earn the North American Technician Excellence certification. Your new heater or AC system will be installed for optimal performance and energy efficiency.
Heating & AC Repair
When your furnace, heat pump, or air conditioner starts making strange noises, performance is lagging, the system isn’t keeping your home evenly warm or cool, or your equipment has stopped working completely, you can count on us to be there for you. Our technicians are skilled at diagnosing HVAC problems and can recommend the most efficient and cost-effective repair.
Often, heater or air conditioner problems are urgent, especially if the system is not working at all. Our qualified technicians show up on fully stocked service vans to solve any HVAC problem. We have same-day service and 24-hour emergency service for all makes and models of residential and commercial equipment.
Why Is My AC Running But Not Cooling?
Running your air conditioner for a while only to realize the temperature hasn’t gone down? It doesn’t necessarily mean your AC needs major repairs or replacing. Some basic troubleshooting can fix the problem.
Common reasons why AC isn’t cooling your home:
- Condenser unit is blocked: Many traditional air conditioners include outdoor condenser units. Dirt, grass, and other debris can blow across the unit, clogging the condenser coil, which will prevent the air conditioner from working properly.
- Thermostat set incorrectly: If the air conditioner isn’t cooling properly, check the thermostat. Sometimes people increase the number to save energy and dropping the temp might solve the problem.
- Refrigerant leak: The refrigerant changed from liquid to gas form, drawing heat from inside and releasing it outside, while cooling the air. A refrigerant leak can prevent the AC from properly cooling your home.
- Inadequate AC size: If your AC isn’t properly cooling your home, it might not be big enough! Some homes have undersize air conditioners that can’t reach the whole house.
Preventative Maintenance for HVAC Systems
Heating and air conditioning equipment is built to last for years. However, the constant wear and tear causes deterioration in performance and efficiency over time. If you want to keep your heater or air conditioner performing at its best, regular preventative maintenance is essential. While you can perform some basic maintenance at home, professional maintenance is important for pinpointing problems and making sure your system is ready for the heating or cooling season.
Our maintenance service offers benefits that include:
- Better heating and AC performance
- Fewer repairs
- Maximizing the lifespan of your system
- Lower heating and cooling costs
Our technicians inspect all mechanical parts, electrical connections, change filters, and make sure your system is operating efficiently. Minor repairs and tune-ups can be done during maintenance visits to improve performance and prevent unexpected repairs. If we find a problem, we can recommend the most efficient repair to help you avoid a breakdown.
If you need HVAC service in South Lake Tahoe, contact us today for fast and friendly service.